The 8th Annual Gopher Weedon Run is October 27 and REGISTRATION is now open: https://www.active.com/st-petersburg-fl/running/distance-running-races/gopher-weedon-2018.
If you’re tired of pounding the pavement on the same ole 5K race course, Gopher Weedon offers you the opportunity to enjoy 8 kilometers (4.9 miles) of natural trails through one of Tampa Bays gems!
The Gopher Weedon Trail Tun takes runners and walkers through native Florida habitats, including gorgeous views of Tampa Bay. After the race, enjoy terrific refreshments before strolling through the Cultural and Natural History Center to learn more about the prehistoric people and the natural environment.
All proceeds from the race benefit the Friends of Weedon Island, Inc., a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and support environmental education, preservation, and the Cultural and Natural History Center at the Weedon Island Preserve.
Registered runners/walkers receive:
- An annual membership with Friends of Weedon Island supporting environmental preservation and education at Weedon Island Preserve;
- Technical Race T-shirt;
- Professional race timing and race results;
- Awards for each age group, 3-deep;
- Refreshments and aid stations; and
- Educational activities at the cultural center.
An 8K event that takes 200 runners (and walkers) along each of the Preserve’s trail, Gopher Weedon stands out from other events in so many ways.